ANST - Basketball and NPR

RLPortwood RLPortwood at aol.com
Thu Apr 2 14:16:33 PST 1998

<< hello friends,

 odd thing I heard on NPR today, although it could have been a delusion.

 The Boston Celtics are changing the pronounciation of their name from
 the soft "c" to the more correct hard "c".

 Comments?

 Gio.

Celtics with the soft "c" used to sound okay to me until I found the SCA.
Then, the soft "c"  never sounded okay again.  But, if they're going to change
it, they might as well call themselves the Celts.  Doesn't Celtic mean that
something is Celtic, whereas someone is a Celt?

What do you think?

Mistress Ascelyn