ANST - Sword Facts (Long)

Tim Lozos dentim at myriad.net
Tue Apr 7 07:13:31 PDT 1998

greetings!

Sir Galen said...
>As to "proper channels" Pug, I suggest that both you and Sir Lyonel
>check kingdom law for any reference to "Court of Chivalry".  You
>won't find it there.

Reference- New Kingdom Law, signed by Kein and Alisha

just for anyone's info.......

Section 3: Courts of the Realm

   1.There shall exist two levels of formal investigative courts within the
realm of Ansteorra. They shall be the Court of Inquiry and the Court of
Chivalry. Such
     courts are to investigate matters pertaining to the operation of the
Kingdom and matters of Kingdom Law in the medieval context. At no time shall
these courts
     consider matters of mundane law.
        1.The Court of Inquiry shall be called at the Crown's discretion to
consider such topics as the Crown may deem appropriate.
        2.The makeup of the Court of Inquiry is solely at the Crown's
discretion.
        3.The Court of Inquiry shall make any recommendations to the Crown
in writing no less than 15 days following the close of the inquiry.
        4.The Court of Inquiry shall send copies of all documentation and
any final report to the Kingdom Seneschal to be placed in the permanent Kingdom
          record.
   2.The Court of Chivalry shall be the highest level of formal
investigative court in the Kingdom of Ansteorra. It shall consider matters
judged to be of significant
     interest to the Kingdom and the Society.
        1.The Court of Chivalry shall be called at the Crown's discretion.
        2.Any member of the populace can petition the Crown to call a Court
of Chivalry.
        3.The Court shall consist of an odd number of justices numbering no
less than three, to be appointed by the Crown.
        4.The Kingdom Seneschal shall preside as chief administrator over
the Court unless the charges disqualify him. In such cases the Crown will
appoint
          another Kingdom Officer to act in his place.
        5.The Court of Chivalry shall be empowered, if the matters before it
are sufficiently grave, to request the intervention of the Board of
Directors of the
          Society for Creative Anachronism, Inc. concerning these matters.
        6.The Court of Chivalry shall be the only court that can recommend
the degradation of any award or title.
        7.Those members of the Peerage who are not involved in the
proceedings shall act as the advisors to the Court.
        8.All persons involved in a Court of Chivalry shall be given a
chance to present their case, with witnesses and supporting documentation.
        9.The Court of Chivalry shall be held only at Kingdom or Regional
Calendar SCA events. It shall be conducted in an open public forum.
       10.The Court of Chivalry shall make any recommendations to the Crown
in writing no less than 15 days following the close of the inquiry.
       11.Any recommendations of the Court of Chivalry shall be published in
the next available Black Star.
       12.The Court of Chivalry shall send copies of all documentation and
any final report to the Kingdom Seneschal to be placed in the permanent Kingdom
          record.

Timo