ANST - Sword Facts (Long)

Timothy A. McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Tue Apr 7 08:38:40 PDT 1998

I didn't have access to e-mail yesterday, so I've just been
broswsing my 224 messages received in 1.5 days.

Someone has mentioned Courts of Chivalry.  (Clearly I need
to browse more deeply.)  My impression is that saying "Court
of Chivalry" or even "Court of Inquiry" in the presence of
old-timers is rather like tossing a live hand grenade at
them.  The court circa 1980 must have *really* left some
deep scars -- old-timers I'm friends with won't tell me
anything even as a summary in private.

For disputes in general, I recommend an article named
"Channels for Complain and Appeal".  It's sold with Corpora
and the other SCA Inc. Governing Documents.  It's also on
the Web at http://www.sca.org/docs/complain.hbk.html .  It
is a wonderful article chock-full of good advice.

Daniel de Lincolia, really curious now
Tim McDaniel.   Reply to tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work account.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us ... is wrong tool.  Never use this.