ANST - Sword Facts (Long)

RLPortwood RLPortwood at aol.com
Tue Apr 7 15:13:40 PDT 1998

I was told one time that there is a fine line between seeming angry and having
passion for something.  I have to agree with that.  As I read Orm and Megan's
missive, I read passion for something that has never had closure for them.  I
know the feeling.  It's kind of like when a person does bad things and just
keeps getting away with them.  There is no justice in that.  Don't get me
wrong, I'm not comparing the two as being similar.  I'm just saying that the
feeling of injustice may be the same.

I was recently flamed by someone who's opinion means very little to me.  I had
a good giggle and pushed the delete button.  I hope that anyone else that read
it got a giggle out of it also.   But, this person was entitled to their
opinion, whether wrong or right. I do believe, though, that when Orm and/or
Megan wrote what they did, maybe they should have written it after the heat of
the moment, not during.  And, only the "facts" should have been written, not
how they perceived the actions of those involved.  As my husband always says,
"There's his side, her side, and the truth."

Personally, after reading it, I felt like I learned a little bit of our
history, be it bad or good.  And as you all know and experience every day, we
have to take the good with the bad.  I don't feel any less respect,
friendship, or fondness for those involved.  I'm sure there are a lot of other
people that will feel the same way.

Pax et Benignitas
Ascelyn