ANST - Belts and their meaning..

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Tue Apr 7 19:40:43 PDT 1998

Kief here...

Being somewhat involved in this on-going discussion... Here...have an
opinion...!

Pug wrote thusly:

>I know what the symbolism of the belt means. I know what the relationship
>between student and master should (my own unrealistic [yes, I admit they
>are unrealistic] ideals) and can (the different ways people do it) be.
>
>I guess I'm trying to figure out if someone is wearing a student's belt
>should it mean anything to *me* as someone not in the relationship.

In a word, friend Pug, YES...!

>Should I expect more/less from this person?

You should expect more from this person. More of all the "good things" that go
into the weaving of our Society's belief structure.

>Should I go out of my way to report their good/bad to someone?

Again, YES...you should report their good/bad to the person that has allowed
the student to wear a symbol of their instruction/stewardship... And, you
should expect that person to either pass on the "good" report or solve the
"bad" actions that were reports to the "master"...

>Should I care at all?

Yes, Pug, _you_ obviously do care...*big smile*...or you wouldn't have reported
the incident or asked the questions on this list... Keep on doing the "good
work" that you are doing... And, for all you other folk out there, do what Pug
has done. Let the peers of the Kingdom know when their "charges" have done good
or ill... We will all be better served in the long run.

>Thanks!
>
>Ciao,
>
>Phelim "Pug" Gervase

In service to the Kingdom...