ANST - Belts and their meaning..

Nathan W. Jones njones at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 7 20:53:26 PDT 1998

Greetings friends!

Daniel wrote many things that I agree with.  I also don't like the practice of
assuming that someone wearing a red belt should automatically be assumed to be
"gunning" for a Knighthood.

As an apprentice, I look at my belt this way:

By wearing an apprentice belt from Mistress Meadhbh, I am declaring to the
populace at large that I am a student of the Arts and Sciences.  That's it.  I
am not gunning for a Laurel, in fact, I am quite a ways off of the fast track
for such an award.  *grin*

I entered into an agreement with Mistress Meadhbh wherein she would be my
teacher and mentor.  She is someone I discuss many things with, and who has the
right to kick me in the butt if I am getting too lazy, or if I am $%$#ing up.

Simple, huh?

Gio,
Northkeep.