ANST - Stargate, Households, and the SCA

SCOTT A WAGGONER maynedelacroix at juno.com
Thu Apr 9 17:36:55 PDT 1998

On Thu, 9 Apr 1998 12:44:29 -0700 (PDT) Karen Evans <tyrca at yahoo.com>
writes:

>Why single out a group for its way of doing things. Is hard-work and
>dedication bad?  Is having a good training bad?  Is it wrong to
>strive?
> Is it
>wrong to dream?  Is it wrong to reach for the clouds?
>
>(snip)
>
>Don Modius von Mergentheim
>Student and Friend of Sigmund the Wingfoot
>Stargate
><<<<<<<
>
>Respectfully, Don Modius, until I read your missive, I was not aware
>that any specific household had been referred to, nor was I aware that
>it was a household that you were affiliated with.  I am interested in
>reading the musings of the Southern Region concerning Principality, as
>I have been participating in the same sort of discussion on the
>Northern List.  But I do not understand why you feel your household
>has been attacked.
>
>Sincerely,
>Tyrca

>Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
>-"Honesty is Everything"
>-->-->-{(@)

I must concur with Tyrca.   I had not seen any reference to a specific
household, but I can understand your point.  I was wondering if perhaps
someone from MY household had cranked someone off and I hadn't heard
about it.  I do not know who all is in your house (heck, I am not sure
who is in MINE much anymore) so I can't say if I like everyone in it or
not.  I probably do.  I think I like about everyone I have met in the
SCA.  I may not like the things they DO but that's a different matter.
As we have seen on here, one person trying to interpret another's
opinions just leads to misunderstandings and hurt feelings.  I will not
attempt to do so now.  This entire stink came from one person posting
what he thought another believed.  Everyone gets hacked off about
something or someone all the time.  I myself wrote a really nasty letter
to post on here just a few minutes ago.  I spell checked it and read it
again. Then I deleted it. All it would have done was get some people who
were griping at each other to redirect it at me without doing anyone any
good.

Remember, Frank Black says "I don't think it's the beef."

The dread Mayne de la Croix
Founding member: House of the Dreaming Tree
Gate's Edge Canton, Barony of  Stargate,  Ansteorra,