ANST - Belts, favors, Associates

Karen Evans tyrca at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 10 14:02:51 PDT 1998

Alban said something like:

and since I'm waging cruel and
unrelenting
battle against ignorance, I'd call what she gave me a "favor". It beats
using
the term "doo-dad", "trinket", "the-wonderful-amber-necklace-Tegan-gave-
me-as-a-sign-of-our-relationship", and other words. Again, it's a
personal
thing, and (to me) it's a word that covers a multitude of meanings and
relationships.
<<<<<<<<<<
Well, there is fealty-gift, necklace, other and varied things.  You
asked about what Sir Lyonel called the devices he puts on belts, and
so forth.  He has already responded that these are BADGES.  I know, ¦-,
"Badges!! We don't need no stinkin' Badges!"

But don't think that the comments you get from our illustrious Sir
Lyonel as demonstration of "What Ansteorra Does".  One thing we value
in Ansteorra is individuality and choice. I do not think that you will
find 2 peers who deal with their students in the same way.

Tyrca

==
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
-"Honesty is Everything"