ANST - To Become Principalities Or Not

Carol Ross courtanvaux at geocities.com
Sat Apr 11 21:33:53 PDT 1998

>Lady, please understand me.  My love for Ansteorra is no less strong than
>yours.  I just think that fearing that one or more of the putative
>principalities may split off is sort of putting the cart before the horse.
>I also believe that the probability of it happening in the forseeable
>future is pretty remote.  Ansteorra is hardly a kingdom of separatists.

I beleive that one should at least expect that a future Principality would
one day become a new Kingdom. It would be irresponsible to think that they
would always want to be a part of the host Kingdom. I am not saying that
having a Pricipalitity is a bad thing I am saying that we should look at its
future in realistic term.

>The sort of people who would actually do such a thing would have to be of a
>sort very different from those who populate and serve Ansteorra at present.
> If discussions of this sort did come up, the likelyhood is that I woulod
>fight it with great passion, unless I judged that the continued
>participation of such principality to be untenable.  In such case, the good
>of the membership would outweigh my personal feelings.  But, I just can't
>imagine any realistic situation that would cause me to make that judgment.
>
> With respect,
>
> Jeremy Scurlock

.Genevieve de Courtanvaux