ANST - To Become Principalities Or Not

Karen Evans tyrca at yahoo.com
Sun Apr 12 05:59:34 PDT 1998

Ansteorra needs to show itself to be more of an united kingdom.
Remember the
quote,"United we stand, divided we fall."

Alina Mitchell
<<<<<<<<

     What does that have to do with Principalities?  That is like
telling the Continental Congress in 1776 that we should not break up
into states because it will break the "nation".
     Principalities have nothing to do with divided loyalties, or
restriction of travel and friendships.  There are no border guards,
and no visa requirements.  This kind of objection comes from someone
with no experience with Principalities.
     If you want an example of the stability of Principalities, look
at the Ancient Kingdom of the West, with the principalities of Cynauga
and Mists.  They have been there longer than Ansteorra was even a
twinkle in Atenveldt's eye, and they have not destroyed their mother
Kingdom.  Look at Mother Atenveldt.  Is it destroyed?  Is it fallen?
Is it not called the Mother of Kingdoms because of the number of
principalities she has nurtured and set free?  Ask the people there if
there were hurt feelings.  Those of you that remember the Principality
status of Ansteorra, do you remember the pain and resentment at being
told we were able to take our first independent steps, and become
Ansteorra? No?  Because instead of broken hearts, we were joyfully
about to try new things.  This didn't mean that friendships were
severed.  They were not. But long-distance relationships have their
own problems whether there are Principalities or not.

Tyrca

==
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
-"Honesty is Everything"