ANST - To Become Principalities Or Not

Sun Apr 12 07:23:58 PDT 1998

>      What does that have to do with Principalities?  That is like
> telling the Continental Congress in 1776 that we should not break up
> into states because it will break the "nation".

The problem was running the other direction from states to nation, and, oy
vey, look at the mess that caused.

> Look at Mother Atenveldt.  Is it destroyed?  Is it fallen?

No, but they're looking a little slim these days, and the Principality of
the Sun is surely a ghost of itself.

> Those of you that remember the Principality
> status of Ansteorra, do you remember the pain and resentment at being
> told we were able to take our first independent steps, and become
> Ansteorra? No?  Because instead of broken hearts, we were joyfully
> about to try new things
>
> Tyrca

First, the Crown got shifted out of the Sun for a few reigns.  Then we had a
little tax revolt.  At the end, it was decided to reward the Ansteorran
nature by creating an asylum for anarchists.  Ah yes, I remember it well.

Of course, everyone has their own tinted window for viewing such events.

Bear