ANST - Re: BG - To Become Principalities Or Not

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Sun Apr 12 11:02:53 PDT 1998

Dennis and/or Dory Grace wrote:

> This is an additive process at this point, people, not a subtractive one.

Amra, in his best Tigger-like voice, sez "It's time to do things with words,
'cause that's what Amra does best":

Additive-after-the-fact. The primary process that I've been seeing so far in the
various recent discussions, without regard to region, is not so much additive as
MUTATIVE.  The bulk of the arguments have all been based upon mutating regions
into principalities.

Changes, certainly, but with the significant exception of adding the ceremonial
offices of Prince and Princess -- and the attendant waggon-load of
gotta-have-'em Principality awards -- the regional officers become principality
officers and the juggernaut keeps rolling foreward.

I've even got a potentially heretical way to reduce the workload of the P-level
awards for all concerned, including the SCA College of Arms: establish the
majority of the precedence-bearing additions as Kingdom awards using the format
of the existing Sable Comet and Sable Thistle.  E.G., the "Mugwump of FITP" **
given for political fence-sitting would be a single registry differenced by the
Principality name and perhaps a variable design element within the
blazon/emblazon (For grins only, my visual example of this mythical award could
be "Sable, a donkey sejant upon a rail-fence Or, in chief the supporters of the
granting Principality non-combatant, i.e. addorsed")

** FITP = Fill In The Principality

> Like Conor, I too am going back to the Southern List to have fun talking
> about our principality plans. Anyone interested in seeing or doing some
> productive communication are welcome to do the same. It is, after all, an
> open list, I do believe.

Aquilanne, I will be doing similarly. (Be patient, I only started reading
Southern and Western and may just watch while others make the primary arguments
that I would myself -- I'm still in delayed shock from the efforts when we ran
through the discussion on Central earlier this year.)

Amra/Kihe/Mike
COBOL Sr. P/A For Hire