ANST - Princes and Princesses

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Mon Apr 13 08:26:47 PDT 1998

Amra said:

> Changes, certainly, but with the significant exception of adding the ceremonial
> offices of Prince and Princess -- and the attendant waggon-load of
> gotta-have-'em Principality awards -- the regional officers become principality
> officers and the juggernaut keeps rolling foreward.

"Ceremonial offices of Prince and Princess"?

Where do you get this?

I suspect that they would be no more ceremonial than the current Ansteorra
offices of King and Queen are. Or territorial Baron and Baroness. Yes, in
some parts of the Known World these offices are ceremonial and the Office of
Seneschal has the real power. However, in at least those parts of Ansteorra
that I am familar with, that is not the case.

I see no reason to suspect that Ansteorran Princes and Princesses would be any
differant. Particularly if there is no Principality Seneschal. Or is there
always a Principality Seneschal?

Or perhaps I am taking your adjective of "ceremonial" differently than you
really meant. In many modern nations, the real power is in the Prime Minister
while the President's office is often said to be ceremonial. Although I guess
the term does not necessarily mean only ceremonial.

So Amra, and the others here discussing principalities, how do you envision
your princes and princesses?