ANST - 12-steps -To Become Principalities Or Not

margiejr margiejr at sprintmail.com
Mon Apr 13 21:09:41 PDT 1998

Being a former co-dependent and enabler myself, I was wondering if we could
start a 12-step program for nobles and peers?

Hehehehe....can we start one for the gentry too....Please (Silly Grin)

But seriously, I've been watching the varrious threads on Principalitys and
I for one Love Ansteorra, and for that reason I agree that Principalitys
would help to strenghen our Kingdom, im my 19 years in the socity I have
lived in 1principlaty that is still a principality, the Far West, 1
principality that became a kingdom Caliontir,and here in Ansteorra. I can
remember each becoming a principaltiy and how it brought groups together,
while strengthing the Parent Kingdom. A principality encurages kingdom
members to grow and strive for new Goals, it helps to ease the Burdens of
overloaded kingdom officers, and allows for more people to serve on a
kingdom or Prinapality level. I feel that Prinicpalitys in Ansteorra would
only serve to strenghten our kingdom, Not harm it.  and Bellow
I feel Her Excelency has brought out some definate reasons we should
seriously consider the Idea of Principalitys in Ansteorra

Lady Simone

Actually, I have also been part of a Principality, but that was a long time
ago and I was far too interested in partying and having fun in Bryn Gwlad.

Last year, I did not support Principalities in Ansteorra.  Now I do.

I am the Baroness of one of the largest and fastest growing Baronies in
Ansteorra.  I see the growth potential in the Central Region to be almost
unlimited.  I have also seen how the smaller shires are neglected (through
no fault of the Crown), but they cannot grow without the attention and
nurturing that Principalities could bring.  As much as I would love to help
the neighboring groups, I find this to be a physical impossibility on a
regular basis.

Right now, we have regional officers who do a lot, and some who do very
little.  There is not a lot of accountability, nor recognition for work at a
regional level.  We have some people who are not officers, but work on a
regional scale.  Sometimes their work is overlooked, or the different groups
each think the other one will put that person in for an award.
So -  people fall through the cracks.

We are starting to grow more Cantons and Colleges in the Central Region.
This is a sign of strength and something to be proud of.

Since the time of the First Tournament, the Society grew by leaps and
bounds. Then some areas slowed down, due to population, economy, whatever...
Now, we are growing again.

The boundaries, the laws, the heraldry, and the customs of a group exist to
serve the people, not the other way around.  While I love Ansteorra and the
people,  I know that it is a framework within which we play, love, research,
and share our knowledge with others.  I believe that the foundation is the
people and our shared beliefs in honor and courtesy.

In Humble Service,

Zara Zina