ANST - Princes and Princesses

Michael Richardson mike0001 at gte.net
Mon Apr 13 23:02:34 PDT 1998

Paul Mitchell wrote:
> The desire to create a principality, I think, has more to do with
> upgrading the status of a region than with chopping up the kingdom.
> When a shire goes for barony status, no one complains that they
> want to leave the kingdom.  I don't understand why people fear
> secession when a region starts talking about going for principality
> status, but they do.
>
> - Galen of Bristol, Knight of Ansteorra
>From a purely personal opinion, I think people as a whole (please
apply broad generalization protection now) fear change. Change leads
to uncertainty, and even though life is nothing if not uncertain, we
feel the need to fight uncertainty at every turn. Then again I lived
in a country called Iceland, what does that say about my level of
intelligence?  :P

Alrik
Canton of Glaslyn, Barony of the Steppes, Ansteorra
(occasionaly known as Mike Richardson of Denton, who's never been to
Iceland but it sounds awful cold!)