ANST - Belts and their meaning

Karen Evans tyrca at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 17 07:50:28 PDT 1998

While this is not unusual, neither is it
unusual to hear someone -
anyone - say  "oh, get so-and-so to help. He's a
squire". Sometimes
this is a joke. Mostly it's not.
Donal
<<<<<<<<

The other thing I have noticed is that they say, "Here is some dirty
sweaty job, let's find a squire."  You never hear, "I need to move
some tables.  Has anyone seen some apprentices to help?"  It is a very
strange (and somewhat sexist) attitude, and I have seen it from both
sides, having been both a squire and an apprentice.  I think that
Squires need to be willing to help but not open to casual slavery.

Tyrca

==
Lady Tyrca Ivarsdottir
-"Honesty is Everything"