ANST - more POSITIVE to counter the negative

Michael F. Gunter mfgunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Tue Apr 21 09:46:16 PDT 1998

> In support of the above words from the beauteous Thyra,

Ain't she though? :-{)}

> > Master Jonathan said:
> > We still believe that a Knight must be a well rounded person.  We believe
> > that a Knight must be a peer and a leader.  For many years I have teased
> > Knights of other kingdoms that most of their Knights would not be good
> > enough to be Ansteorrian Knights.  Then I tell them that their arts are
> > not good enough.  Over half of the belted circle have arts awards in this
> > kingdom.  The Ideal is not to have Knights that can only fight.

Although His Grace may have had a bit of "hometown pride" in his comment, I
do agree that there is more to being a member of the Chivalry than fighting.
Take a look at the members of the Belted Circle. The vast majority have at
least Grant level awards in either A&S or Service. Many are Barons to the
Court and have held, at a minimum, Regional offices.

Not too shabby for a bunch of knuckle-dragging stick jocks.

> - Galen of Bristol

Yers,

Gunthar