ANST - Martial Arts

Keith Ewing keandbc at ix.netcom.com
Tue Apr 21 18:33:44 PDT 1998

You wrote:

>|SCA fighting style and rank(if any)
 Sword and shield, spear, single sword, two sword, Polearm, bastard
sword, great sword, mass weapons, crossbow, long bow, rapier, dagger. I
can fight with any of them.  Rank: Duke, KSCA

>|Mundane martial arts training( style, rank, #years, etc)
umm... I watched a coupla Bruce Lee movies.

>|any job related training or experience (military,police,boucer)
umm... I got robbed once when I was running a convenience store. Does
that count?

>|I understand some people may not be ALLOWED to tell me EVERYTHING
they
>|know, but tell as much as you can.

The main thing that I want to tell you is that you don't have to
succeed at any other martial art to succeed in ours. Now the fact is
that many of my early teachers in SCA fighting WERE martial artists
(Hi, Gunther), but I do believe that we have an art that can stand on
its own against any of the other martial arts. I am the proof that you
don't have to be a martial artist or even particularly coordinated to
be successful in SCA combat. All it takes is years of hard work and
practice.
Unfortunately I missed the original post on this thread and I hope I
haven't taken it on a tangent.

Kein