ANST - Name the baby

Mike C. Baker kihe at ticnet.com
Wed Apr 22 13:22:00 PDT 1998

A naming question, and asked in the view of the heralds no less...
<gryn>

Harmosk wrote:

> OK folks, the baby is almost here and he (we think) doesn't have a name!

Even considering the reservations expressed by Lyonel in another message,have you
considered a variation upon Ed-  Edward, Edric, Edmund, or (really
mess with some people's minds later on) just plain Ed?

Sarah, I will ask (being the normally senseless person that I am, yet
intending no distress or harm thereby): is there any name within the
families involved which might be suitable? Not just first names, or even
middle names, but even nicknames or Aunt Who-much's married surname...
I certainly understand if there are strong reasons to AVOID such names
as well.

Amra, mundanely: Mike Chesley Baker

(yep, on the birth certificate as in life, I am Mike -- not Michael, ever.
Except when certain well-meaning clerks and translators insist upon
expanding what is not, after all, a contraction. "Michael's not here.")
--
For "official" purposes: Mike C. Baker
For "fun": Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra (SCA)
e-mail: kihe at rocketmail.com, kihe at ticnet.com