ANST - Dry sites will kill the SCA

margiejr margiejr at sprintmail.com
Thu Apr 30 11:09:27 PDT 1998

"Dry Sites will kill the SCA"

I've ben following this thread for a bit and now would like to add my 2
cents.

I had to laugh when I first saw the tread subject. I though someone had to
be Jokeing. I have played this game a long time Not drinking. when I sobered
up in the 80's I thought my first event sober was going to be a drag..boy
was I wrong. I remebered all the things I did and said, the fighting was
more fun, I was more alert. and I could actualy hold meaningful
conversations with my friends without getting in a drunken rage like I used
to when I drank. The Sca became more fun and more of a meaningful experiance
after each event I went to.

Thier are people today that I love to socialize with in the SCA before they
start drinking but once the've started I won't spend much time with because
they become diffrent people when they are drinking.

I've been to dry sites and had a wonderful time I don't belive dry sites
will kill the SCA.   Those who have a problem  with it wont go but the rest
of us will still be here, enjoying our selves, and having fun. Drinking is
not the Bee all and End All of the Socity. If it was I wouldn't have
continued to Play after I sobered up. I will go to an event dry or wet it
makes no diffrence to me. I play because I like the SCA, the fighting, the
people, the Bardic, the atmospher of the middle ages. I am happy as long as
thier is an event to go to.

 Ldy Simone
Stepping off her soap box now