ANST - Dry sites will annoy the chemically dependent

IagoAH IagoAH at aol.com
Thu Apr 30 14:44:31 PDT 1998

>You guys have completely missed the point!
>
>This is an issue of tolerance.
>(not alcohol tolerance, but tolerance of alcohol).

It is also an issue of tolerance of the beliefs of the site owners.

>The banning of alcohol at events is being driven by the site owners,
>YMCA and Boy Scouts, who are in the back pocket of the Christian
>right!

Of course they are!  To think they would not be is asinine.  They were
originally based on Christian beliefs, and still claim to be christian
organizations.

>Being Christian organizations, they have deep pockets and steady revenue
>sources...they can afford to buy the campsites and thus impose their
>will upon groups such as ours.

I don't know where ou get your "information"  but assuming that churches have
deep pockets is just plain silly.   Some do, but many struggle to pay of
mortgages and utilities, and still donate much of the money they do get to
other charities.

If you feel they are imposing their will on you then don't go.

>Its plain and simple, we need to get out from under their influence.

Last time I checked there are other sites we can use.  The ones owned by those
are "influencing" us just happen to be the best ones we can find some times.

>~Johan

The fact that an elementary school in Lubbock, Texas (the buckle of the bible
belt) can look past the swords, funny clothings, fighting, and other things
that make us stand out, and let us use their cafeteria for a day, nearly
unsupervised, and decorate the place with banners ( some of which displayed
parts of nude bodies)  is amazing.  Please do not alienate such groups by
demanding that they change their rules so suit us.

Iago (if you know me you know that I prefer wet sites as well, but I'll be
damned if drinking will control which events I go to)