ANST - The Boy Scouts

Lee Cavett catsden at texas.net
Thu Apr 30 23:02:41 PDT 1998

Greetings to the list!

I just feel I need to say one thing - The BS of A is _not_ a Christian
organization. Their official policy is tolerance of _all_ religions
(atheism is not a religion). Mind you, I have to admit to a certain
amount of disappointment in their attitude toward enforcing this
policy with "non-mainsteam" religions, but I was never, in my 15 years
as a member and later an employee of that organization, either
proselytized, asked to contribute to any religious cause, or
encouraged to proselytize others - all of which are hallmarks of any
religious orgaization I have encountered.

Donal