ANST - Academy of the Bow

Keith Hood keith_dell at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 24 08:40:33 PDT 1998

>Allow me to bring up an important point here:
>
>Our armor standards for rapier are not designed to go up against
>archers.  If one of those arrows hit, it's gonna hurt like hell.

There are ways to make real soft arrowheads.  The Amtgard people use
Nerf balls on arrows and most of them probably wear even less in combat
than SCA rapier fighters.  How about something like that?

      Tomonaga

--
A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.

        -- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
               By Robert E. Howard, who should be
                 the patron saint of Ansteorra