ANST - Stargate baronial

Chauncey Roschbach maccrae at swbell.net
Thu Aug 6 19:11:07 PDT 1998

Lady Kyrstyn,

You have, it seems, come to the right place! *grin*

I've pasted the text for the Black Star add below, if you need any other
info, please don't hesitate to call (both my Lady Wife Moira, and my
humble self are listed in the Two Towers under Equestrian & Rapier
marshals respectively).

Stargate Baronial Championship
September 11th - 13th  1998
One and all are invited and challenged to strike the shield of
"La Pas de L'arbre de Charlemagne"

Be entered as a challenger in the lists! Your Lord, Lady, sponsors or
household can escort you in the grand procession!
Come! Enjoy the pageantry, the fighting, the feasting, the music and
dancing in 14th century style!

The chivalric list will be run at the discretion of His Grace Duke Jean
Richard Malcomson.

The Rapier list will consist of a "Swiss Five" run by Don Wolfgang von
Dem Hoffen at the pleasure of Her Excellency.

The first ever Stargate Equestrian List will be a test based solely on
skill (not speed) overseen by Sir Alexis La Bouche.

Our Archery Challenge will be a "Novelty Combat Shoot"  (Bows &
Crossbows / Arrows & Bolts must be Ansteorran legal!        [30# @ 28"
and ¼" dia. Heads NO ¾" BLUNTS)

A&S will be both popular vote and judged.
Documentation Required!

A Spacious, air conditioned hall and comfortable tree shaded camp await!
All merchants welcome!
No ground fires please!
Our event will be held at Wolters Park in Shulenburg, Texas (due west of
Houston).
Site opens at 3:00pm on Friday the 11th
The site is a public park so we request banners, ice chest covers, and
anything else that will enhance the general appearance.
There will be cold water showers and flush toilets on site.
This site is discreetly wet in period containers.

Feast will be a scrumptious affaire consisting of:
Grilled Steaks cooked to order by Lord Othar Morganson.
And
Sautéed mushrooms, breads & herb butter, glazed carrots, onions and
other fresh vegetables, all lovingly prepared by Lord Gerald Leesville
(our Head Chef)
Make reservations early, there is a limit of 125 persons.
Site Fee : $7.00 for adults, $3.50 for children (5-12 yrs.)
Feast Fee : $6.00 for Adults, $3.00 for children (5-12 yrs.)
A vegetarian plate is available for $3.00

Master Arachna theRed will be providing breakfast both Sat. & Sun. free
of charge!

Pets on leashes & horses welcome!
(All animals must have proper papers)

A parent or legal guardian must accompany minors.
Take your best route to Schulenberg Texas (I-10). Take the Highway 77
exit and turn onto 77 south. Turn right at the second light onto Highway
90 west. Take 90 west to Bohlman (this should be a left 5 intersections
after Highway 90, Look for the SCA signs). Bohlman enters Wolters Park.

 Please make all checks payable to "SCA Inc. - Barony of the Stargate"

For additional information call the Autocrats:
Lady Moira MacCrae, Mary Roschbach (713) 781-6144
Lady Shalamar Thorsklad, Judy Jax (713) 789-4939