ANST - Academy of the Bow

Amberglyph at aol.com Amberglyph at aol.com
Mon Aug 24 18:20:58 PDT 1998

In a message dated 8/23/98 4:20:52 PM Central Daylight Time,
rapierman at yahoo.com writes:

> Our armor standards for rapier are not designed to go up against
>  archers.  If one of those arrows hit, it's gonna hurt like hell.

I fight heavy and most of my body is covered by a single layer of trigger, or
just sweat, and those arrows do sting like hell.  In terms of padding most
Ansteorran heavy fighters wear less protection than the light fighters.  Yes,
we have metal joint protection and those heavy helms, but there's an awful lot
of skin hanging out.

HL Oriana Corbizzi