ANST - The Sca and Tandy

gryphon at carlsbadnm.com gryphon at carlsbadnm.com
Fri Aug 28 08:49:48 PDT 1998

I thought Ansteorra might like to see this:

"Hello everybody.  You have seen me post several times.  my name is Patrick and
i have several relatives in the Sca: Duke Johan, Sir Jochen and Mistress
Monika.   Over the past two years i have gotten to know many of you at the
Tandy Leather Store in Albuquerque.  I have come to enjoy seeing you there and
have made many friends as well. I wanted to let everyone know that I no longer
work for Tandy Leather Co. What Does this mean to you?? Well the Sca discount
will no longer be given because my replacement will be one of the Corporate
Clones that they are trying to use now and it is company policy that
reenactment groups are not entitled to any discounts i knew this but did it
anyway.  The Sca is a large group that should be recognized by the
leathercraft industry as medieval leathercraft is on the rise but the
corporate executives at Tandy Leather are accountants that dont see the
benefits having you all as customers entails they only see the amount of
profit of each individual sale.  Last but not least, the materials that
Sca'ers purchase are going to be repackaged with new higher prices because and
i quote from company memo'" Our customers won't know they are paying higher
prices , but the new packaging will enable the company to increase its
profits in these areas of merchandise."

Some of you may wonder if I am bitter about the parting of ways between myself
and Tandy Leather and I will say I am a little bit.  One of the reasons i was
let go is because i was not complying with their new programs."

Patrick Knapp

Prydwen
gryphon at carlsbadnm.com