ANST - The Sca and Tandy

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Fri Aug 28 09:49:24 PDT 1998

gryphon at carlsbadnm.com wrote:

> I thought Ansteorra might like to see this:

<snip>
>  Last but not least, the materials that
> Sca'ers purchase are going to be repackaged with new higher prices because and
> i quote from company memo'" Our customers won't know they are paying higher
> prices , but the new packaging will enable the company to increase its
> profits in these areas of merchandise."
>
> Some of you may wonder if I am bitter about the parting of ways between myself
> and Tandy Leather and I will say I am a little bit.  One of the reasons i was
> let go is because i was not complying with their new programs."
>
> Patrick Knapp

Tandy does have the advantage of being more convenient for many people. However,
if you are willing to shop for your leather by mail there are a number of other
sources.

For some reviews and lists of these other sources take a look at this file in
the CRAFTS section of my Stefan's Florilegium:

merch-leather-msg (18K) 10/10/96    Leather merchants and sources.

There are a few other files that you leatherworkers out there might also
find useful:

leather-msg       (72K)  4/ 3/96    Working with leather. tanning.
leather-dyeing-msg(37K)  7/ 7/98    Dyeing and painting leather.
lea-bladders-msg  (15K)  8/ 3/98    Tanning, cleaning, dressing animal
bladders.
lea-tanning-msg   (30K)  4/24/98    How to tan leather. Types of tanning.
lea-tooling-msg   (47K)  1/ 6/98    Leather tooling. decorating leather.

And this one in the INFO-SOURCES area:

leather-bib       (18K) 11/ 1/94    Bibliography on leather and leather goods.

My files can be found at: http://www.pbm.com/~lindahl/rialto/rialto.html

Stefan li Rous
stefan at texas.net