ANST - Warning for Chainmail crafters

Gumbputt at aol.com Gumbputt at aol.com
Fri Dec 11 06:08:41 PST 1998

In a message dated 12/8/98 12:21:04 PM, Lyrial the Untamed wrote:

>> >Hi to all of you who make chainmail,
>> >A warning just came out in the Orchid jewelers list about the dangers of
>> >working with galvanized metals, in particular, galvanized steel wire.
<snip>

I truly must ask this question:  Why in the world would anyone wear chaimail,
galvanized or otherwise, on naked skin?  It pinches skin, pulls hair, and is
very hot or cold compared to to cloth.  When I went through my chain mail
period I learned VERY quickly to wear something under it.

If absorption of zinc through the skin really is a problem (and I have real
doubts as to whether this is a problem or not) then simply don't let it rub
against your skin.  Use a little common sense.

George Edmunson
Northkeep