ANST - item of interest ....

j'lynn yeates jyeates at realtime.net
Fri Dec 18 17:25:20 PST 1998

... from another list

 				   Marching Song of Connacht

                             The men of the East are decked in steel, They
                             march with a trumpet's din, They glitter with
                             silks and golden scales, And high kings boast
                             their kin- We of the West wear the hides of
                             wolves, But our hearts are steel within.

                             They of the East ride gallent steeds,
                             Their spears are long and brown;
                             Their sheilds are set with sparkling stones
                             And each knight wears a crown- We fight on
                             foot as out forebears fought, And we drag the
                             rider down.

                             We race the steed of the Saxon knight
                             Across the naked fen-
                             They of the East are full of pride,