ANST - Warning for Chainmail crafters

Otter Morryn otter at texas.net
Mon Dec 7 16:27:46 PST 1998

This also should be noted by any who are working hot metal, and welding pieces.
Zinc fumes are released in heat and can cause the same poisoning.  Having
experienced it, it is very unpleasant when you are getting the zinc so
directly.  Made me fairly sick in a few minutes.  The biggest tell-tail sign
that you have a piece of galvanized metal is that it will film up with a
yellowish powdery looking substance that doesn't wipe off.  Don't use this as a
test.  I know there is a safer way, but I can't remember it and can't find my
notes.  When I do, I will pass the information.
Your in service >>> Otter