ANST - Stargate bard

Jerry Norris jerryn at sprintmail.com
Sun Dec 13 10:23:13 PST 1998

Yesterday I performed the hardest duty that I've had to do as the Title
bard of Stargate; act as judge for the next Title bard.

There were nine entrants, and more showed up after the sign-up cut off.
The variety of talents displayed, and the levels of skill involved in the
performance were, to choose a word, impressive.  I was proud to call myself
a bard of Stargate yesterday because I knew that I was in good company with
a large number of very talented people.

With such a wealth of talent and skills I am sure that the barony will
never lack in a goodly number of bards.  The younger members of our barony
were represented well by Calendine and our foster-daughter Victoria with
fine performances from each of them.  Other participants were Laura Anne
the Plaid weaver, Lady Melody McGregor, Lady Genevieve and Honorable Lord
Roger of York. The level of performance from all involved made it difficult
to come up with a final judgement, but in the end such a judgement had to
be made.

The runner up was Lady Dianna of Virconium who received a bamboo flute.

Stargate's new Title bard is Lord Breagon.  Tag!  You're it!

My congratulations go to all who entered and my thanks go to the other
judges, Ihon and Delphina, for all of their help and their guidance.

Vivat, Stargate!

In service to the dream, with a song in my heart,
jerry.

jerryn at sprintmail.com -  Jerry Norris - Houston, Texas USA
writer, reader, thinker, singer, father, lover.
Gerald of Leesville - Barony of Stargate - Kingdom of Ansteorra