ANST - Re: A soldier's Night Before X-mas

Chris Harper bice at flash.net
Fri Dec 18 22:21:42 PST 1998

At 01:31 PM 12/18/98 PST, you wrote:

>>>The Night Before Christmas a soldiers story

>chris, where did you get this? who's the author? it's good. i liked it.
>karl

I would like to thank everyone for their kind words and the interest in this
poem.  Would that I were the author!  But alas, my son sent this to me
without an author listed.  I will try to chase it down and see if we can get
permission to print it in whatever newsletters we want.  Hopefully I can do
this this weekend and have it out to you before Christmas.

Like a lot of you, this poem touched me personally because as a small child
during WWII, I spent 4 Christmases without my Daddy.  He came home a week
before Christmas in 1945.  Since my birthday is on Christmas, it was the
best ever birthday and Christmas presents.

Enough of this, the fog seems to be coming in my windows.  I will get back
to you as soon as possible.

Bicé

	Chris Harper
      -bice at flash.net-

      Go ahead and be naughty.  Save Santa the trip!