ANST - Author

Chris Harper bice at flash.net
Mon Dec 21 23:45:53 PST 1998

        To all the ones that asked; as I promised, I tried to find out the
author of the poem "A Soldiers Night Before Christmas".  Needless to say, I
could not find out
anything.  All the listing we found was that the author was unknown.  I will
bow to the posting that said it had been printed in the Air Force Times and
possibly the Readers Digest.  It was attributed to a Marine on duty on
Christmas.

        No matter who wrote it, I still believe (and many of you seem to
agree) that it is one of the most moving pieces I've read in a while.  Like
some of you who commented, I too was a military wife for many years and
worried through many a 'chrome dome'.  That seems to make me a real softy
when it comes to 'our guys'.  Thank all of you for your interest and kind words.

Bicé di Pietro

	Chris Harper
      -bice at flash.net-

      Go ahead and be naughty.  Save Santa the trip!