ANST - please read with an open mind........

Joel Schumacher jschumac at jcpenney.com
Mon Dec 28 13:22:39 PST 1998

> My reason for writing this is not the grumblings, when has a grumble
> ever really hurt anyone?, my reason is to ask "How much do you have to
> do, before you can say no for the first time?"

Say NO any time you want to.  All you are is a volunteer.  People should
be grateful for any time volunteered and not criticize how much time or
how hard you worked.  If you were getting paid, that would be a different
story.

There are enough examples out there of SCA officers doing a really poor
job to be criticizing you for not coordinating activities at two events
a week apart.  But again, they're volunteers and this is a hobby.  If
somebody else can do better, let them step forward or don't complain.

I wonder though, why do you need validation for your actions from the
people on this mailing list?  They don't seem to be "grumbling" about you.
Why drag the list into what sounds like a personal conflict between you
and somebody else?  I think you need to try again to contact the people
involved and work things out.  It's the holidays.  A lot of people are
away from home.  Now that Christmas is over, you may have a little more
success in reaching them.

Don't let it get to you.  If you feel you need a break, take it.  Let
"them" get mad if they want to.  It sounds petty of "them".

- Karl von Augsburg