ANST - re: templer inovations

Gregory R. Gagnon cian at ghg.net
Sun Feb 1 17:49:33 PST 1998

On  1 Feb 98 at 11:34, Baronman at aol.com wrote:

>> .... They were also the precursers of modern day banking techniques
>> utilizing the first checks,
>
>i believe the chinese pre-dated them with the invention paper money
>and "checks " (personal promisary notes backed and honored by some
>central financial authority ... in europes case, the banks ... in
>chinese case, the government)

The chinese may have been first, but it is easier to trace the lineage from
european
Orders to european banks.  Not the first, just the first (t)here.

>> ....  and they are also the reason that Friday the 13th is
>> considered an unlucky day.
>
>how so?  one attribution to this is that judas was the 13th guest at
>christs last supper (the last of the 12 + 1 (jesus).
'>wolf

The Templars in France were arrested in the wee hours of Friday the 13th of
October, Anno Domini 1307.  Most other places they got by alright, but the edict
was supposed to be enforced throughout Christendom.
I also remember hearing that the Huguenots were arrested en masse on Friday the
13th(Anno Domini somewhat later), though I may be mistaken.
It seems that it was unucky to be a resident opponent of the French Crown on
that day.

Sir Cian