ANST - results from Candlemas

Jerry Norris jerryn at sprintmail.com
Mon Feb 2 13:51:45 PST 1998

At 10:18 am 2/2/98 -0600, you wrote:
>Pendaran,
>The gentleman you are refering to is Gerald of Leesville. He is now
>Stargate's Bard. He does have a wonderful voice and is incredibly
>entertaining. Plus, a very nice person!
>
>meadhbh

Meadhbh, as always, is kind.

>Martin, Brian wrote:
>>
>> Along those lines, there was a gentleman from Stargate who sang most
>> wonderfully was chosen as one of the three bards to represent the
>> kingdom at the war. Although this gentleman introduced himself to my
>> lady wife and I, I do not remember his name. Can anyone please post
>> his name here? I wish to give this man word fame for his outstanding
>> voice and the wonderful songs he sang to my lady and I during the
>> feast.
>>
>> Thanks very much,
>> Pendaran

Your excellency, if I am indeed that man of which you speak, then I am
afraid that I must correct you on what may be a slight typographical error.
 In particular, I was _not_ chosen as one of the three bards to represent
our kingdom in the upcoming war, although I would have been glad to do so.

I can, however, truthfully say that those worthy people who were chosen;
Lady (I believe) Diana of Rivertree (if I've gotten your name wrong, please
forgive me), yourself, Cedric the Fiddler and the Bjornsberg(sp?) theatre
troupe, were all excellent choices and will do our kingdom well in the
upcoming battle of talents.

On a sad note, while I enjoyed the performance, I was clearly looking
forward to receiving the judges comments sheet back after the competition
in order to find my weakness(es) (greatest of which is my lack of
familiarity w/ documentation).  Unfortunately, when it came time to get
them back mine was either accidentally taken by another competitor or lost
in the shuffle of moving tables and such around.  I am hoping to contact
the judges themselves and see if they can dredge from their memory (after
trying conditions in a hall that was ... noisy?) some comments about my
performance.  The good Duchess Will o' the Wisp did offer a few comments
before the final outcome had been announced, and I thank her for that.

Two final notes before I finish what was meant as a short missive.

1)  I accidentally left behind my drinking mug.  It is a wooden hexagonal
mug with a griffin poised to strike painted on the front of it (by
Honorable Lady Adelecia) and a ribbon braided from black white and red
yarns tied to the handle.  If I could be pointed in the proper direction as
far as your chatelaine (or whoever handles the Lost & Found portion of
duties in Bryn Gwalad) I would be most grateful.

2)  As I mentioned to Your Excellency before you were "hauled away" to the
dancing, I was most impressed with my first event attended at Bryn Gwalad.
The members of your populace are most gracious and your cooks most
talented, as are your musicians and dancers.

In service to the dream, with a song in my heart,
jerry.

jerryn at sprintmail.com -  Jerry Norris - Houston, Texas USA
writer, reader, thinker, singer, father, lover.
Gerald of Leesville - Barony of Stargate - Kingdom of Ansteorra