ANST - planning calendar

Lord Larkin O'Kane larkin at webstar.net
Mon Feb 2 18:00:32 PST 1998

On Mon, 2 Feb 1998 15:51:56 EST, PKieferjr at aol.com wrote:

><< > I'm gonna have to disagree with this. 0-99 A.D. was counted as the
> > first century
>
> There was no 0 A.D.  So if you want 100 years (a century) you have to
> go with 1-100.
>  >>

>Just out of curiosity, how would you count the day of the birth of Christ, or
>the day after?  Would it be day zero or one in the year Zero AD or One AD, and
>how would you explain the logic of it?
>
>Lord Johann Kiefer Hayden  (Paul E. Kiefer, Jr.)

Easy. No matter how narrow you slice the first time tick, whether it be
melinium, century,year, month, day, hour, minute, second, (and whatever
comes next [not parsec - that's a measure of distance, Hans Solo] The
first ONE is just that, 1 [one, uno, etc...].  If you wish to choose the
supposed birth of Christ as the dividing line in measuring centuries it
gets pretty rediculous to divide it down to a gnat's hair difference.

Larkin          Ignorance, like virginity,is easy to cure --
===             and the cure can be fun.- Daniel de Lincolia