ANST - POIRES AU GRATIN

Mark.S Harris rsve60 at email.sps.mot.com
Tue Feb 3 04:07:34 PST 1998

Greetings,

James Crouchet wrote:

> Posting Recipes, are we? Ok, I'll play.
>
> Did anyone like the Pear Dessert at Candlemas? Here it is:
>
> POIRES AU GRATIN
>
> Take several pears and cut them corse. To make a sauce, boil and
> strain apricots and mix them with sugar and sweet spices. Add
> wine and brandywine. Add butter and thicken. Put the pears in a dish
> with butter and the sauce and bake in a hot oven. Serve with crisp
> pastry.
>
> Or in modern form:

<snip>

Thank you for posting the recipe. I thought these were quite good.
What were the pastries? I thought both the sauce and the pastries
were good seperately, but much better together.

Do you have the original recipe and source? The year would be nice,
too. I imagine it is late period or post-period from looking at
it. I plan to put this in the Florilegium and these details are
useful for people using it in the future.

Stefan li Rous