ANST - Q? - War Tabards

Talen von Marienburg talen at microtutors.com
Tue Feb 3 21:48:50 PST 1998

>One of the things I think is REALLY wonderful at war is when I see
>that sea of Ansteorran Gold with Black Stars roll like a wave over
>our adversaries.
>
>How do ya'll feel about the striving for a 'uniform' look as an army
>as oppose to units within our kingdom that choose to use a completely
>different colour/ensign.
>

>Lorraine DeerSlayer

Actually, I rather like the livery colors used by units such as
Mooneschadowe & Northkeep, as well as Sir Alexis' group.  They remind me
more of a medieval army than the more modern "uniform" look.  They also help
bond smaller units together.  These are the building blocks of the army, and
having everyone be the same throughout the *whole* army tends to make people
feel they're just a small cog in the big wheel.  But I do think that they
should incorporate the kingdom "ensign" in their livery.  Mooneschadowe uses
it in its entirety on the back side, and Northkeep uses the Ansteorran star
on a gold roundel.

Also, I feel that Peers should wear their own arms into battle, and fighters
such as the Warlord and regional warlords, as well as any other melee
victors, should wear the tabard that goes with the victor.  They "earned"
that responsibility and privilege.  And Barons & Baronesses in fief should
wear the arms of their Barony.  I like the pageantry of the heraldry mixed
with the liveried fighters.

Just a personal opinion though, and subject to change when I feel like it.

Talen
---------
Centurion Talen von Marienburg
Kriegsherr von Nordsteorra