ANST - Explanation for Teleri (Central Region list)

Mitman, Rikki Rikki.Mitman at COMPAQ.com
Thu Feb 5 06:05:19 PST 1998

>---"Mitman, Rikki" <Rikki.Mitman at COMPAQ.com> wrote:
>> This list hardly seems busy enough that a separate list is
>> needed for one portion of Ansteorra. Admittedly, I'm
>> relatively new to the list, and may be missing something,
>> but why can't those event announcements, concerns, etc. be
>> handled here? I guess my concern is that (at first
>> glance) a separate regional list seems divisive. Of course,
>> you may have excellent reasons for doing this -- and I'd be
>> happy to be persuaded of them. Just an initial reaction...
>> from someone in another region. :-)
>> Teleri
>
>Teleri, having intimately observed central since its inception (hard
>not to, I'm the List Admin), I can assure you that some of the
>traffic would have been extremely divisive if aired upon the general
>Kingdom list. (Call it "growing pains", and ask myself or Galen of
>Bristol or Richard Fairborne or any of the other observers about it
>at an event some time...)
>
>[lots of good stuff snipped]
>

>Does that help address your concern?
>
>===
>Adieu -- Amra / Pax ... Kihe / TTFN -- Mike
>(al-Sayyid) Amr ibn Majid al-Bakri al-Amra  /
>Kihe Blackeagle (the Dreamsinger Bard) /

Very persuasive -- and I wasn't too up in arms about it anyway. Just
wanted to raise the point for general consideration because I have seen
the best of intentions go awry (my own among them) and, as I said, I
figured there were a few things I didn't know.

Thanks for getting back to me.

Teleri ferch Pawl