ANST - Better Bannering

Keith Hood jemuga at freewwweb.com
Sun Feb 8 15:11:10 PST 1998

>From Tomonaga:

I'm not sure--are you saying that if a man falls and brings down the
banner he's carrying, it's safer for the people around him to get hit
with sword-grade material than a light breakaway item?  Let me says this
again--I have done this for looks in previous tournaments.  No one ever
got hurt, even when I got clobbered and dropped.  I don't do it now
because I have replaced my armor over the years; my new armor uses lames
connected by suspension cords instead of rigid plate.  I don't want to
have to do constant repair work where the banner rig stretches the cords,
so I just don't bother anymore.

I honestly don't understand your reference to marshals' staffs; please
expand on that.

--
A long bow and a strong bow,
And let the sky grow dark.

	-- Stolen from "The Song of the Bosonian Archers" --
		 by Robert Howard, who should be
		  the patron saint of Ansteorra