ANST - What Does Pledging Allegiance Or Giving Oath Mean?

Scott Powers spowers at telepath.com
Wed Feb 11 05:13:40 PST 1998

>> Are kingdom officer expected to give the same to their majesty, their
>> allegiance or oath?
>
>I believe the Great Officers of State swear fealty to the Crown, but not
>the Lesser Officers. This is why they are called into court during the
>ceremony. If I remember right it was some generic oath that they all give
>as a group.

I am not sure of the current status of Kingdom Officers, but 10 years ago
it was an basically just an oath to do your best to carry out your job.  A
promise, as it were, to do what you are supposed to do.  I don't recall
swaering fealty to anyone.

The wording may have changed since then, but I don't think that the intent
has changed all that much.

Rumil