ANST - Peers & Mooneschadowe

Talen von Marienburg talen at microtutors.com
Thu Feb 12 10:35:47 PST 1998

>Galen of Bristol wrote:

>Jokes were made regarding the elevation of a current member
>of the Shadowlands to the peerage, and the requisite change
>in what was apparantly kingdom law forbidding it.  Many
>Shadowlanders have gone on to great things after leaving
>the shire (Duchess Rowan is a prominent example), but I
>know of no peers made there since Master Godfrey.

I'm sure some former Moonschadeen will correct me if I'm wrong, but I
believe that the Shire of Mooneschadowe has had only one individual advanced
to Peer (Sir Hildebrand) while living in the Shire since it's inception in
1979.  He moved to Wiesenfeuer soon after.

We have had a number of former shire members recognized as Peers since they
left - HRH Jean-Richard, H.E. Master Tarl, H.E. Mistress Stacia, and H.E.
Sir Burke to name a few, as well as some who resided at least for a time in
our Shire - Sir Alrek being the most recent.  And we're getting ready to
celebrate another former Moonschadeen's peerage - H.E. Kat at Northern
Regional.  Not yet a peer but soon to be a Baron in Fief is H.L. Aethelstan
at the same event.

Just goes to show that we teach them right here in Mooneschadowe, but they
don't get the recognition until after they move away :-)

Talen
talen at microtutors.com