ANST - P-word lead-in (was Court Baron/ess and fealty)

Maleah maleah at swbell.net
Tue Feb 17 03:04:57 PST 1998

Aquilane and Pendaran wrote:

>> Just out of curiosity, where do you think Ansteorra's first
> principality
> might form?
> >>I think that Ansteorra's first principality will most likely be
> Nordsteorra,
> >> what is now most, if not all, of the Northern Region. Heck, they
> already have a name!
While it's true we have a very strong regional identity up here in the
North there are lots of mixed feelings on the principality issue. I see
the stirrings but I wouldn't place bets if I were you. Everyone is still
arguing this one. Lots of us have VERY STRONG feelings about being part
of Ansteorra and feel like it would be taking our heart's blood by
making the move to principality. I can see the pros and cons and if the
vote came tomorrow am still not sure where my ballot would fall. I see
it becoming a neccessity eventually but it won't be an easy transition
for any of us no matter which region goes first. Lots of concern about
our viability if we go independent due to population base and ecomonic
base here in Oklahoma. Not much of either up here compared to the rest
of the kingdom. Might be a struggle to survive but then we're just onery
enough that we do it just to prove we could. I will leave this one to
simmer for now.

Maleah