ANST - P-word lead-in

Lee Forgue eilis at haas.berkeley.edu
Tue Feb 17 11:27:54 PST 1998

At 12:45 PM 2/16/98 -0800, Timothy A. McDaniel wrote:
>I have heard mutterings about the Board not liking new principalities,
>new p-words that want to go kingdom, and/or new -pwords
>that DON'T want to go kingdom, but I have nothing sold.

Okay, Daniel (and everyone else) -- here's something solid.  There are no
bans on new principalities (whether or not they plan on eventually becoming
kingdoms) by the Board or anyone else at the corporate level.  The only ban
that's been talked about is a ban on new principalities and/or kingdoms
whose names start with the letter "A", and that's mostly a joke.
(Ansteorra, Atenveldt, An Tir, Atlantia, Aethelmearc, Artemisia -- more
than a third of the current kingdoms start with an "A'.  The only current
"A" principality is Avacal.  It's not entirely a joke, but mostly.)  (If
you are naming a principlaity, try to use a different initial letter.
Please!)

In fact, there's a petition in for a new principality in Western Meridies,
and discussions in northern Atlantia...

  --- eilis o'boirne
       Society Seneschal Designate