ANST - mustering at gulf wars

Nathan njones at ix.netcom.com
Wed Feb 18 01:35:13 PST 1998

Keith Hood wrote:
> Speaking of the sound of an army, for real moral effect in a march to the
> battlefield we could use a serious war song.  Anyone out there with a
> good knowledge of period music have suggestions?

hmmm...I don't know about period music, but James ap Benyl wrote a
nifty war song.  HL Kat and I sang it at Pennsic this past year, and I think
it would be wonderful if everybody could learn it.

My brain isn't functioning very well at the moment, and I can't recall the
name of the tune.  The chorus is somthing like:

Golden gleaming,
dark star beaming,
Battle drums to make our spirits soar
For the Black Star's gone to war.