ANST - P-issue/Reality Check

stddly at SHSU.edu stddly at SHSU.edu
Wed Feb 18 14:02:52 PST 1998

Lorraine here

Ya'll sweet talked your way into a debate and already it is
becoming heated and ridiculous.

Reality is that before we think about the P word we need to
make sure all our "ducks" are in a row administratively...

You guys may be blessed with entirely competent officers in the
groups you reside in but, ya ain't living in the rest of the
world. Just ask any Kingdom officer about how much of the
offisorial (sp) population reports on time and with the correct
information (DAMNED LITTLE).

Not all officers are bad, but people resist "training" for
offices ("I've been in the SCA for X many year and I know...
oop I didn't realilze the beer parties were not supposed to
be paid with group funds" or "it's an easy job... I can
figure out the heraldic forms")

Just cause ya'll want a new title to shoot for or armoury
to design don't over do it.

ex