ANST - P-Word something or other

Jodi McMaster jmcmaste at accd.edu
Thu Feb 19 00:05:05 PST 1998

In the flurry of email on the topic, I can't seem to find Daniel's
comments on "Sussex" as a later form of the original name for "South
Saxon."  In the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles, it appears as "Su~ Seaxna" (if
your reader didn't get this, it should be "Su{th} Seaxna" with the {th}
as a thorn).  I believe "Ansteorra" is an Anglo-Saxon construction for
"One Star" so I'd postulate "Suth Ansteorra"--or if you want to contract
it like the later "Sussex," you could possibly end up with "Sunsteor."
(I'm not even going to touch the BOH-ring comments.)

AElfwyn