ANST - Principality issues

HseTrinity at aol.com HseTrinity at aol.com
Wed Feb 18 20:55:28 PST 1998

<<  just thought of another problem with the Principality issue.  I don't
 know the answer to this.  But maybe someone who has moved here from a
 principality could answer it for us.  If you formed a principality, what
newsletter would you subscribe to?  >>

When I lived in the (then) Principality of Drachenwald, I received the Kingdom
of the East's newsletter (The Pikestaff)  with my membership, and purchased a
separate subscription to the Principality newsletter, "The Dragon's Tale", (as
well as to the Black Star, so I could keep up with my home Kingdom).  A
membership entitles you to a monthly subscription to your _Kingdom_newsletter.
Additional subscriptions aren't cost-prohibitive..it's the same as subscribing
to a Shire/Baronial newsletter.

<<snip>>
 <<Or maybe the autocrats would like to send their event announcements to both
 Kingdom and Principality newsletters. >>

Something we did several times in Drachenwald, and we were separated from our
Kingdom by the Atlantic Ocean!  Having autocratted multiple events in both
Ansteorra and in Drachenwald,  I would have no difficulty or problems doing
this. The more publicity for my event, the better! (And all at a nominal fee!
- trust me on this one...I'm an advertising executive...publicity/advertising
can be cost-prohibitive )

Logistically and administratively, I feel that Principalities are _good_
things....believe it or not, breaking into a Principality can make things _
much_ simpler, especially for the Crown. When there is a Coronet, recognition
of worthies can become easier, (think about an award recommendation for a
Laurel, for example, coming from a Prince/ss as opposed to a local seneschal),
the administrative duties (to an extent) are divided, easing the burden of the
Crown, and the amount of paperwork for officers is about the same as at a
regional level. (After the formation of the Principality has been completed.)

<<Yup, this is going to make it easier on everyone. >>

With a positive attitude, it can.....Yes, it will take a great deal of effort
from a great many people, but it _can_ simplify a lot of the administrative
duties. I _enjoy_ holding office and working..in fact, I get bored very easily
when I'm not.  One of the problems that I've noted lately is that many of the
Regional Officers aren't communicating with one another as often/well as they
should...they don't meet very often to discuss happenings within the other's
offices and within groups under their supervision....perhaps becoming a
Principality would alleviate a great deal of this, as oftentimes Principality
officers, as Great Officers of State, are _required_ to meet.

We would still be Ansteorrans, just serving in a different capacity.

<<Rumil>>

Suzanne Gabrielle Marie Beraud
Baroness of the Court of the Kingdom of the East and never been to an event
there,
(thanks to a Principality )