ANST - P-Word something or other

Tim McDaniel tmcd at crl.com
Thu Feb 19 21:46:21 PST 1998

On Thu, 19 Feb 1998, Jodi McMaster <jmcmaste at accd.edu>
wrote:
> In the flurry of email on the topic, I can't seem to find
> Daniel's comments on "Sussex" as a later form of the
> original name for "South Saxon."

I didn't comment on it, actually.  I knew Sussex was an
abbrev. of some sort, but not how it worked -- never looked.

> In the Anglo-Saxon Chronicles, ...  I'd postulate "Suth
> Ansteorra" ... "Sunsteor."

A nice solid analysis!  I'd run it by SCA name experts just
to be sure, but I run *everything* past at least one, and it
looks pretty plausible to me.  A fine job, AElfwyn!

Daniel "we have a third member for the name & armory
committee what does not exist yet -- NACWDNEY?" de Lincolia
Tim McDaniel; Reply-To: tmcd at crl.com; if that fail, tmcd at austin.ibm.com
is work address.  tmcd at tmcd.austin.tx.us is wrong tool.  Never use this.